Rainy Season Brings Ants, Mosquitoes and Other Bugs!
Summer has arrived and there is no doubt we are definitely in the middle of rainy season here in Southwest Florida. Along with the rain come ants and other unwanted pests that are trying to find dry space to make a home in. Their job is to find whatever crawl space they can fit into and make their way into your home to escape the wet rain. Most people don’t realize that leaving out food, open trash can, crumbs, leftovers are open invitation meals to these bugs whose home just got flooded outside.
Many Fort Myers, FL homeowners try to treat ants on their own and instead of eliminating these pests, their treatments make them worse. Certain types of ants are treated with protein baits, while others are best treated with sugar baits. But the average person has no way of knowing who needs what so it becomes a guessing game that doesn’t always end well for the homeowner.
Pests in your home can be very annoying, quite embarrassing and can in some situations create an unsafe environment for young children and pets. Just knowing they are there may be enough to keep you awake at night. You can rest assured with peace of mind knowing that Lenny’s Pest Control in Cape Coral will happily take care of your home and get you bug free in no time. We recommend you take a few steps to prevent bugs from easily entering your home and making it theirs!
Pest Prevention Tips from the National Pest Management Association:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the house.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles; some insects are drawn to deteriorating wood.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows.
- Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches off the ground.
- Call a qualified pest professional for additional advice and treatment if necessary.
If you see one bug, that means hundreds may be lurking just around the corner! This creates a number of health hazards, not to mention the potential for damage to your home or business structure and personal belongings. Whether you have a small home or large commercial complex, Lenny’s Pest Control is very well equipped to handle your rodent and pest control problems quickly. Some present health hazards by spreading bacteria or allergens into your home, office building or just from bites or stings. Others can destroy your property or are nothing more than a nuisance. This is when a trusted, reliable pest control service becomes necessary.
- Year Round Pest Management – Residential & Commercial
- Specialized Insect Management
- Specialized Lawn Care Services
- Rodent Proofing and Management
- Flea and Tick Management
- Management of Exterior Seasonal Pests
- Subterranean Termite Management
- Management of other Wood-Destroying Organisms
- Commercial Fumigation
Lenny’s Pest Control is all about educating you and helping you protect your home and space from unwanted, bugs and pests. We would love to come out to your home or business and inspect your property, give you an estimate and get your protected. Please give us a call at (239) 945-6543 for all your pest control needs in southwest Florida.
We want to take this time to say THANK YOU for reading our blogs, liking us onFacebook, following us on twitter and connecting with us on LinkedIn. Please subscribe to our newsletter if you haven’t already done so. We also appreciate our many loyal clients for all their years of patronage!